Is your child restless and overly talkative? Is he always moving around? Are you often having trouble getting him to sleep? If that’s the case, then it is possible that your child may be suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), one of the most common health conditions in children. ADHD is a neurobehavioral developmental disorder characterized with impulsiveness, hyperactivity and inattention. It affects how a child copes with various aspects of his life.
Kids with ADHD usually have a hard time adapting well in school or in the community because they are unable to learn fully and to focus on a specific task. They have short attention span, which makes it difficult for them to listen in class and to pay attention to school work. If you suspect that your child may be suffering from ADHD, get him to the doctor so he can be properly diagnosed. Help him manage his condition as early as you can.
Drugs vs. Natural Treatments
Several methods are available to help manage the symptoms of ADHD. The one that is frequently used is drug treatment. Using drugs, however, is highly discouraged by nutrition experts like Dr. Joseph Mercola, as these can potentially bring a lot of complications. Your child may lose appetite and become more irritable, among many other possible side effects.
Instead of using drugs, Dr. Mercola recommends a natural and safer way. He advises the following tips for treating ADHD:
- Taking omega-3 oils like fish oil and krill oil, which he considers “the single most important nutrient” for a child with ADHD. He recommends Kids’ Krill Oil, which is a natural supplement that is extracted from pure krill. It contains essential fatty acids like DHA and Choline, which promote optimal brain development and intelligence. Kids’ Krill Oil also has antioxidants that ensure overall health support for your child.
- Drinking water often. Make sure that your child drinks water as the primary beverage. He should avoid drinking fruit juices, soda and milk.
- Limiting the consumption of sugars and grains that can cause increased insulin levels.
- Learning about Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) to enhance the emotional component of your child. EFT is a simple, inexpensive and effective way to eliminate a person’s negative emotions so he can lead a full and healthy life. To help you perform this treatment, Dr. Mercola has made a video series, which you can access through www.mercola.com.
- Reading more ADHD-related resources such as Dr. Andrew Stoll’s book entitled “The Omega-3 Connection.”
Natural Treatment for ADHD Is Better
ADHD is a health condition that can affect your child’s potential to learn and adapt well in society; indeed, it needs your close attention. If you think your child has ADHD, you should check with your doctor so he can make a proper diagnosis right away. Also, be careful in selecting treatments. Avoid using synthetic drugs, which may cause irreversible damage. Neither do you want your child to become drug dependent at such an early age. Natural methods like the use of omega-3 oils are better options.
To learn more about ADHD and other issues relevant to your child’s health, visit this site often for articles and tips.
Tags: ADHD, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, Dr. Joseph Mercola, kids with ADHD, kids’ krill oil, natural treatment for ADHD, omega-3 oils, tips for treating ADHD, treating ADHD, treatment of ADHD